Mountain villages & jungle hiking
Northwest mountains of Honduras, one of the most accurate Honduran experience available in mainland. More than 2000 meters above sea level this national park offers hiking trails to the jungle waterfalls, night treks, dwarf forests and traditional villages. Lets jump in the back of a pick up into an hour and half of 4×4 through the Honduran mountains. Not a tour, an expedition.
- Get together at La Hamaca Hostel by 11:00 am.
- Prepare equipment. We provide the following: Tents, sleeping bags & rolling mats.
- By 12:00 noon we jump in the back of the 4×4 trucks that go up the mountain back to their farms.
- The trip starts at 100 meters above sea level (San Pedro) and ends at 2000 m.a.s.l at Las Torres.
- Our first hike starts in Naranjito village towards Buenos Aires village.
- After lunch we head up to Toucan waterfall, our second day hike.
- In the night we hike towards our camp area.
- Next morning we do a sunrise hike towards Naranjito village to meet up with the cars that go back to San Pedro to sell their crops.
Frequently ask questions
- No, this trip departs by 11:00 am. It’s more convenient to spend the night in San Pedro but it’s not necessary.
- We provide the camping tents, sleeping bags, rolling mats, backpacks, water bottles.
Option 1: Camp in the jungle.
Option 2: Stay in Buenos Aires village
$3 adobe house. Martina’s house.
$5 cement room. Don Santiago house.
$10 cement house. Don Alfonso Cruz house.
Option 3: Stay in Caritas, Naranjito village
$40 per person luxury cabin.
- This trip requires a standard physical condition. You have to be able to hike 9 kilometers in one hour and half of intermediate level terrain. For the 4 day expedition you need to have a high level of physical condition.